Sunday, April 15, 2012

They Had Me at Ola

Well, actually it was the beautiful toucan among the colorful tropical backdrop that caught my eye when I saw the gorgeous ad for the annual Macy's Flower Show. This year's theme was BRASIL - Gardens in Paradise. The show featured all kinds of crazy and beautiful bromeliads, tillandsias, orchids, anthuriums, heliconia...and more. I  made a lunch hour trip to Union Square to check it out.

Here are a few of my pics:

Nice display of tropical flora and fauna.

A toucan made of flowers and plants. This is right up my alley.

Awesome lime green anthuriums.

Tropical Gorgeousness.

A very large and impressive toucan!

These were quite popular. I saw several ladies checking them out, trying to decide which one to take home. $30 bucks and up? I wasn't too impressed.

Epiphytes and birds share a suspended log at the Union Square entry of Macy's.

This is a bad pic, but you get the idea of the tropical forest they had going on top of the cosmetics section.


No comments:

Post a Comment